1. Why you should choose an outdoor rug
An outdoor rug is a great way to make your outdoor area cozier and more attractive. Unlike indoor rugs, outdoor rugs have to withstand a variety of weather conditions and are often made from durable materials that resist dirt and moisture. Outdoor rugs come in many different sizes and designs, so you're sure to find the rug that's perfect for your outdoor space.
2. Which materials are suitable for outdoor carpets
Not all materials are suitable for outdoor carpets. Carpets made of natural fibers such as sisal must be laid out with care, as sisal does not tolerate moisture well, which can lead to discoloration and warping.
However, the following materials are suitable for outdoor use:
- Natural fibers such as sisal or jute (but are less resistant to moisture)
3. What you should pay attention to when choosing your outdoor carpet
When choosing an outdoor rug, there are a number of factors that will help ensure that the rug can be used optimally in your outdoor area.
You should pay attention to the following factors:
- Size: Choose a size that fits your outdoor space perfectly. If the carpet is to be placed under a garden lounge, for example, it should be slightly larger.
- Design: Choose a design that suits your taste and your outdoor area and fits well into the overall picture.
- UV resistance: Make sure the carpet is protected against UV radiation. Otherwise, the carpet may discolour.
- Care: If possible, an outdoor carpet should be water-repellent and easy to clean. This saves you a lot of work.
4. How do you clean your outdoor carpet?
Cleaning differs depending on the material. The following general tips give you an overview of possible procedures:
- Vacuum the carpet regularly to remove dirt and dust. So the dirt cannot settle in the fabric.
- Water or a mild detergent can be used to remove stains.
- Never use harsh detergents or abrasive brushes to avoid damaging the carpet.
- Allow the rug to dry completely before using it again.
5. How do you care for your outdoor carpet?To ensure that your outdoor carpet lasts a long time, you should take care of it regularly. Please note the following tips to achieve a long service life:
- Avoid placing heavy furniture on the carpet to avoid warping and marking.
- If you won't be using the rug for a long time, you should store it in a dry place to avoid mold growth or use a tarp to cover the rug.
- If the carpet gets damp, you should dry it as soon as possible to avoid mold growth.